Wellness That Works: 5 Tips to Improve Your Wellbeing
The word ‘Wellness’ seems to appear everywhere lately, but what does it mean? Well, to put it simply, it is the process of obtaining a healthy physical, mental, and emotional state. If we delve in a little deeper there are eight dimensions of wellness, including emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical, environmental, financial, occupational, and social. When people are in pursuit of achieving true wellbeing, these elements go hand in hand.
Hydration, Hydration, Hydration
Drink more water. This is something we all tell ourselves far too often. There are so many health benefits to staying hydrated, it can improve your memory and mood, aid weight maintenance and generally improve your physical performance.
The ‘Burgundy Blooms Insulated Water Bottle’ by 'Sarah Leask' is both practical and pretty, it is made using premium metal, it is insulated, airtight and leakproof. Whether you are packing this to take to work or taking it with you on a walk, carrying this lovely floral bottle around is a great way to ensure you staying hydrated.
Stay Clean, Stay Green
It is important to consider which products you are using around your home. The conventional cleaning products you buy from the shelves are often filled with harmful chemicals that are not good for our bodies. Try using an eco-friendlier and chemical free brand of cleaning products and rest easy knowing your family are less exposed to environmental toxins.
‘Mix Clean Green’ is headed by Kate who wanted to create a cleaning brand that was as eco-conscious as possible. The ‘Mix Cleaning Kit’ includes the multi mix, the shiny mix, the bath mix, the toilet mix, the whizz mix and two amber bottles. The products are vegan, sustainable, single-use plastic free, and palm free.
Get Enough Sleep
Most adults need between 7-9 hours of sleep per night. When trying to achieve true wellness, it is important to monitor your sleep pattern and assess your evening routine. There are several habits that can have a negative impact on your quality of sleep, such as too much television, eating too late and browsing on your mobile in bed. So, turn off the technology, have a nice bath, and pop on a sleep mask.
The luxury ‘Rust Orange Silk and Teal velvet Eye Mask’ is made using sustainable fabrics and can be used with scented pouches. The front side is made using deadstock velvet while the face side is made using 100% organic bamboo silk. Shop the whole ’40 winks’ collection here.
The ‘Natural Repair Magnesium Spray’ has many key benefits, it can ease pain such as headaches, body aches and restless legs it can also be used as a natural sleep aid because oil of magnesium helps calm the body and mind. ‘Harrogate Organics’ believe everyone deserves to live and happy and healthy life.
Fuel Your Body
To feel fit, healthy, and energised, it is important to monitor what you are putting into your body. A balanced diet consists of healthy nutritious meals and plenty of water. It is no secret that people are finding it harder and harder to maintain a balanced diet, with life becoming more and more demanding every day, people are opting for convenience.
The ‘Fighter Shots Mixed Case’ consists of twelve shots in various flavours, including ginger, turmeric, and manuka honey. These performance shots are designed to give consumers the boost they are craving, they can be taken at any time of the day so are perfect for people with busy schedules.
Look After Your Skin, From Your Head to Your Toes
Skin is the largest organ of the human body, so you should after it. It is important to wear sunscreen and SPF, moisturise regularly ensure skin stays hydrated. Looking after your skin should be part of you daily routine but you can also set some time aside to really pamper yourself, visit a spa, enjoy a massage, or just pamper yourself at home.
The ‘Feet First Pouring Massage Candle’ is 100% plant based, hand made and vegan friendly. It has a beautiful scent of lime, lemon grass and grapefruit and is the perfect product for a little self-care massage.
Farah-Naz Khan, Holistic Yoga therapist and Social Entrepreneur from Yoga My Life has shared some instructions and advice on how to use the feet First Pouring candle in the expert blog piece below.
GET YOUR FEET READY FOR SUMMER WITH YOGA MY LIFE'S RELAXING SELF-CARE FOOT MASSAGE
Did you know? Each of your amazing feet contain 26 bones, 33 joints, over 7,000 nerves and over a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments - they really are worthy of your attention!
Now is the perfect time to get your feet flip flop and sandal ready for summer with a relaxing self-care foot treatment using Yoga My Life’s Afterglow Pouring Massage Candle in Feet First.
Essential oils of Lime, Grapefruit and Lemongrass are combined with luscious Cocoa and Shea Butters enriched with Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Moroccan Argan Oil creating a well-deserved, energising, and warm nourishing massage treatment for your feet.
When we think of massage, we typically visualize one person giving massage to another. Within the Ayurvedic tradition Abhyanga or Self-Massage lies at the heart of daily self-care rituals.
Regular foot massage is more than just a well-deserved pampering treatment, it is invaluable in helping to protect the health of feet, ankles, and knees, improving balance and proprioception, improving, or preventing plantar fasciitis and enhancing energy and sleep.
Follow this simple Pre-Bedtime Self-Care Foot Massage Ritual and your hard-working feet will certainly thank you it!
Directions - Prepare Warmed Oil from your Afterglow Feet First Pouring Massage Candle
The application of heat allows the high-quality natural oils and butters to penetrate deeper into the skin with no oily residue; whilst gorgeous aromas linger on your skin for hours, leaving you feeling deeply relaxed and truly pampered. The perfect self-care ritual or why not treat a friend in need of pampering or loved one to some TLC! Easy and safe to use – always follow the label instructions:
- Light the candle for 15-30 minutes and enjoy the divine aroma
- Prevent tunnelling – the first time you light your candle you allow the top to burn evenly creating a melt pool
- Pouring massage candles are not the same as room candles – DO NOT burn for longer than stated on the product label
- Blow out the flame and allow the oil to cool for two minutes
- Decant, pour, or drizzle the oil and gently massage it in.
- Use sparingly as a little goes a long way!
- Sit on a chair or bed, take a few deep relaxing breaths, stay fully present and aware of different sensations you experience as you massage your feet and ankles.
- Massage the oil into the top of the right foot from the ankles to the toes, to the heels and the sole. Allow the oil to absorb (add more oil as required).
- Take time to explore different parts of your foot including the heels, extend into your ankles and up to the base of your calves.
- Massage the top of your feet and press at the base of the shin, gently and slowly drag your thumb towards the big toe. Return to the shin and repeat the process of pressing from the shin to the second, third, fourth and fifth toes.
- Place your right hand on top of the right foot, lace your fingers between your toes, rotate the ankle first in one direction and then the other.
- Unlace your fingers, use your right thumb to apply pressure along the inner border of the sole from the big toe to the heel and drag your thumb along the outer border of the sole, from the root of the fifth toe to the heel.
- Make a fist and kneed the sole of the foot, use thumbs and fingers to press, hands to stroke, rub, squeeze, and bat feet to lightly circulate blood, nutrients, relieve tight spots and soreness.
- Repeat the process with the left foot and ankle.
- Try massaging your feet 5-20 minutes before bed - you will fall asleep faster and wake up feeling refreshed.
Here are some of the wonderful benefits you can expect to feel with regular foot massage:
- Relaxes the whole body, calms the mind, and promotes quality sleep.
- Removes energy blockages, improves, and rejuvenates energy flow and eases fatigue.
- Improves peripheral circulation and function in feet and legs.
- Nourishes skin and encourages release and elimination of stored wastes and toxins.
- Encourages a drop in Cortisol (bodies stress hormone), calms the mind and releases negative emotions.
- Aids foot health, offers pain relief, prevents sciatica, improves muscle tone, strengthens, and speeds up injury recovery.
Shop the whole ‘Health and Wellbeing’ collection here, and remember, your body is a temple.
Valentine's Day is a worldwide celebration that falls on the 14th of February every...
Welcome to Hope and Story's Meet the Maker Series, where we chat with...
New Year’s is the yearly event of new beginnings. A global celebration...
As December approaches, the supermarkets are filling with tantalizing treats and people...
Next week is December, the most festive month of the year. Full...
Welcome to Hope and Story's Meet the Maker Series, where we chat...
It’s that time of year when you say goodbye to your summer...